By Amy Currie
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/4 C Brown sugar
- 1/4 C Sugar
- 1/4 C Honey
- 1 1/2 C Whole wheat flour
- 1 C All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
I'm making indoor s'mores which is a new take on old classic campfire s'mores
- I'm making the graham crackers, which is really a shortbread cookie because there are no eggs. In a mixing bowl I'm combining butter, brown sugar, sugar, and honey until fully combined.
- Add whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, cinnamon, and salt to the butter mixture
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it until it's about a quarter of an inch thick
- Using a pizza wheel and a ruler, trim the edges of the dough then measure 2x2 inch squares and cut them
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place graham cracker cookies onto the baking sheet. Using a fork, prick holes so the cookies look like graham crackers. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes then bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Place a piece of chocolate and a marshmallow on each graham cracker cookie and get ready to place it back in the oven under the broiler to toast the marshmallow
- Preheat broiler and place s'mores about 6-inches under the heat source to brown the marshmallows, about 30 seconds. Keep an eye on them the entire time do they don't burn
- Take the s'mores out of the oven and give them to your children who will love you forever!