Jacques Torres Chocolate Chunk Cookies
By Amy Currie
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 3/4 C Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 C Pastry flour
- 1 1/2 C Bread flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Good quality semi-sweet chocolate
I've tried lots of recipes for chocolate chunk cookies and this one from Jacques Torres is the best. Crispy on the outside and soft and gooey in the middle, it's my go-to recipe. Start by preheating the oven to 350 F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars, then add the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the pastry flour, bread flower, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine until just mixed. Chop the chocolate into chunks.
- Add the chocolate chunks to the cookie dough and mix until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, place 6 cookies on a baking sheet lines with parchment. Bake 12 minutes until golden brown.
- The secret to perfect cookies is to pull them out of the oven when you think they're not quit done. That will ensure a soft, gooey middle with a crispy exterior.