Coffee Chip Blondies
By Amy Currie
- 2 C Dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Sticks unsalted butter
- 2 T Tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 T Warm water
- 2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 T Vanilla
- 2 C Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 C Semi sweet chocolate chips
I got this amazing blondie recipe from a friend who makes them for her daughter in college. Now I send them to my daughter too and they're always a huge hit. Start by melting the butter and brown sugar until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the melted butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and with the mixer on low speed add the coffee that's been dissolved in the water, vanilla and eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and continue mixing until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Evenly spread batter into a buttered and floured 9x11-inch baking dish. Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Blondies are done when their pulling away from the edges and shiny and dry on top. Cool for 15 minutes, then cut into squares.