Great, Simple Flourless Chocolate Cake
By Laura Zinn Fromm
- 7 oz Bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 Sticks unsalted butter
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 1/3 C Sugar
- 1 T Kailua
I'm making one of my favorite desserts, flourless chocolate cake which is a terrific gluten-free recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325f. Butter and sugar an 8-inch springform pan. Wrap tinfoil around the outside. Melt chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and Kailua until well blended and add to the chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Then, place into a larger baking pan. Add enough hot water to the larger an so it comes half way up the side of the springform pan. Bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove cooked cake from the water bath and cool completely. Remove from pan, cut and serve.