By Mary Helen Leonard
- 1/2 C water
- 2 eggs
- 1 C flour
- 2 C shredded vegetables
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
Preheat waffle iron to medium heat.
- Beat eggs and water together.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir the egg and water mixture into the vegetables.
- Add the flour mixture to the vegetables and stir until well mixed.
- Grease the waffle iron well, then drop about 3/4 cup of batter into it. Spread the batter evenly before closing the iron.
- Cook the waffle for 4-6 minutes. It should be golden brown when it is finished.
- To garnish, drizzle with Japanese mayo and Sriracha sauce, then top with scallion, cilantro, and jalapeño (if you dare). A splash of soy sauce or lime juice goes great with this too.