Persian Chocolate Bark
By Laura Zinn Fromm
- 2 C Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Ground cardamom
- 1/4 C Dried mulberries
- 1/2 C Dried tart cherries
- 3/4 C Almonds, toasted & chopped
- 1/2 C Pistachios, toasted & chopped
- 2 tsp Coffee beans, cowardly chopped
- 1 tsp Sea salt
This is one of my favorite recipes. It's traditional chocolate bark with the unexpected surprise of cardamom, coffee and sea salt. It's a perfect combination with the crunchy nuts and chewy dried fruit.
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan over a pot of simmering water.
- Add the cardamom and half of the cherries, pistachios, mulberries and almonds. Stir to combine.
- Spread the melted chocolate onto a wax paper lined baking sheet
- Scatter the remaining almonds, pistachios, cherries and mulberries on top.
- Finish by sprinkling the coffee and sea salt on top, then chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove the chilled bark, break it into pieces and serve to rave reviews!