Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread
By Kate Heddings
- 1 3/4 C All-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 C Canned pumpkin
- 1/2 C Vegetable oil
- 1/3 C Water
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 C Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Mix all of the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined.
- Toss the chocolate chips with flour, then stir into the batter just until combined.
- Scrape the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out with very few moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.