Crispy Zucchini With Lemon Aoli
By Amy Currie
- 2 Zucchini
- 1/2 C Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 C Canola oil
- 1/2 C Mayonnaise
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Crispy zucchini is super tasty and deep frying is an easy way to cook it fast. Start by thinly slicing two zucchini using a vegetable slicer.
- Toss the zucchini slices in a combo of flour and salt, shaking off the excess.
- Heat about canola oil (2-3 inches deep) in a pot fitted with a kitchen thermometer until the temperature reaches 350 degrees F. Add enough zucchini to cover the surface making sure they aren't overcrowded or they won't brown evenly.
- Continue cooking in batches removing the browned zucchini to a paper towel lined plate as you go. Each batch will only take about 2 minutes to cook.
- Make the aoli by combining mayo and minced garlic. Then, juice half a lemon and add it to the mayo mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the crispy zucchini on a serving plate along with the aoli for dipping. Sprinkle with a little more salt and serve.