Best Grilled Cheese Ever!
By Amy Currie
- 2 Thick slices sour dough bread
- 4 Slices cheddar cheese
- 2 Slices fresh mozzarella
- 2 T Butter
This is the most amazing grilled cheese recipe. The secret is using the freshest, highest quality ingredients and a cast iron skillet.
- Cut two slices of bread, each about an inch thick.
- Slice the Cheddar, then the mozzarella so there's twice as much Cheddar than mozzarella
- Place half of the butter in a cast iron skillet over high heat. Assemble the sandwich by layering half the Cheddar, then the mozzarella, then the remaining Cheddar.
- Place the giant grilled cheese onto the skillet and cook three minutes.
- Add the remaining butter, flip the grilled cheese and cook another three minutes.
- When the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown, remove from the skillet.
- Eat it right away while it's hot and gooey.