Pan Seared Scallops With Lemon & Spinach
By Amy Currie
- 2 lb Fresh scallops
- 3 T Unsalted butter, divided
- 2 T Olive oil, divided
- 1/2 C Good quality white wine
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 Scallions, trimmed & chopped
- 1 Bunch spinach, cleaned & chopped
I'm at the farmers market buying fresh scallops and veggies to make dinner tonight.
- Start by laying out the scallops on paper towels to remove all the moisture. This will help then cook evenly and crispy golden brown. Season with salt.
- In a skillet over high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil until foamy. The butter gives the scallops lots of flavor and the olive oil keeps the butter from browning. Add half the scallops in a single layer and cook undisturbed for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes flip the scallops and cook 1 more minute. Scallops cook quickly so they don't need more cooking time than that.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of butter and oil to the pan and cook the remaining scallops. When they're done place them onto the spinach.
- Make the sauce by adding wine to deglaze the pan followed by the lemon zest and juice. Cook over medium heat until the liquid's reduced by half.
- Whisk in the last tablespoon of butter into the sauce. Add the scallions. Adjust the seasoning with salt if necessary and pour over the scallops and spinach.