By Amy Currie
- 2 C Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 C Sliced almonds, toasted
- 10 Strips bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 C Chopped onion
- 1/2 C Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 16 oz Package "party rye"
Bacon toasties are a favorite hors d'oeuvre in my house. They can be assembled ahead of time and frozen. Then, pop in the oven when company comes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, mix cheese, bacon, almonds, onion, Worcestershire and mayonnaise. Set aside
- Cut off the edges of the "party rye" or bread of your choice to make a 2-inch square.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of bacon toastie mixture on top of each bread slice, spreading so it covers the bread.
- Cut bacon toasties in half on a diagonal and bake 10-12 minutes until bubbly and golden.
- Place bacon toasties on a serving platter and enjoy!