Shrimp Scampi Over Black Rice
By Amy Currie
- 4 T Unsalted butter, divided
- 3 T Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Shallots, minced
- Juice of half lemon
- 1/2 C White wine
- 2 lb Uncooked shrimp, cleaned and shelled
- 1/4 C Parsley, chopped
- Black rice, cooked according to package
- Salt to taste
Keep a bag of shrimp in your freezer so you can make this anytime. You probably already have the other ingredients.
- In a large skillet over medium heat combine three tablespoons butter with the olive oil. Add garlic and shallots and cook until soft and fragrant, 5 minutes
- Add lemon juice and wine, bring to a boil and cook until reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- Whisk in remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Add shrimp and continue cooking 3-4 minutes until pink and no longer translucent.
- Finish the shrimp with parsley , season to taste with salt and serve over black rice